- product description
Glass fiber is an inorganic non-metallic material with excellent performance. There are many types. The advantages are good insulation, strong heat resistance, good corrosion resistance, high mechanical strength, but the disadvantages are brittleness and poor wear resistance. Glass fiber is generally used as a reinforcing material in composite materials, electrical insulation materials and thermal insulation materials, circuit boards and other fields of the national economy.
When glass fiber is used as a reinforcing material for reinforced plastics, the biggest feature is its high tensile strength. The tensile strength is 6.3 to 6.9 g / d under standard conditions and 5.4 to 5.8 g / d under wet conditions. The density is 2.54. Good heat resistance, no effect on strength when temperature reaches 300 ℃. It has excellent electrical insulation and is a high-level electrical insulation material. It is also used for thermal insulation materials and fire shielding materials. Usually only corroded by concentrated alkali, hydrofluoric acid and concentrated phosphoric acid.
Raw material and its application: Glass fiber has higher temperature resistance than organic fiber, non-combustibility, corrosion resistance, good heat insulation and sound insulation, high tensile strength, and good electrical insulation. But brittle, poor wear resistance. Used to manufacture reinforced plastics (see color picture) or reinforced rubber. As a reinforcing material, glass fiber has the following characteristics. These characteristics make glass fiber use far more widely than other types of fibers, and the development speed is far ahead of its characteristics.
(1) High tensile strength and small elongation (3%).
(2) High elastic coefficient and good rigidity.
(3) The elongation within the elastic limit is large and the tensile strength is high, so the impact energy absorption is large.
(4) Inorganic fiber, non-combustible and good chemical resistance.
(5) Low water absorption.
(6) The scale stability and heat resistance are good.
(7) Good processability, can be made into different forms of products such as strands, bundles, felt, woven fabrics.
(8) Transparent and transparent.
(9) Development of a surface treatment agent with good adhesion to the resin is completed.
(11) It is not easy to burn and can be melted into glassy beads at high temperature.